Did you know that Netgear was the first to develop a wireless router that was so fast that it enabled individuals and organization to connect seamlessly? Gradually it became so popular that today it can be seen in all the big, small enterprises and even in our homes for catching WIFI signals. Netgear is an American company which dedicates itself to the field of networking and computer hardware.
All of us are so concerned about the WIFI password that we often tend to overlook the fact that our router is not password secured. A router without a password is like a cash box without a lock as anyone can creep in and plunder information of all the systems connected to it. Therefore, it is always recommended to have a router password which is set by the system admin and mostly shared only with a few trustable individuals of the organization. It is also advisable to change the router password frequently to maintain its exclusivity and secrecy.
How to change the Netgear Router password :
Netgear provides a tool named as Smart Wizard which enables you to modify your router settings with ease. Follow the below procedure for a quick password reset:
Open any web browser and enter the below URL in the address bar: http://www.routerlogin.net
- A window will prompt you to enter your credentials i.e. User-id and your old password.
- Those who have not set a password for their router can enter the default login-id and password.
Note: The default login-id is usually ADMIN and the default password can be blank or the word “password” itself. If you are not successful, please contact the customer care for default username and password.
After entering the credentials successfully you will be transferred to the home page of Smart Wizard. Here you will find different options such as basic settings, block sites, block services, etc. Choose the option “Wireless Settings” from the list of options. You can find this option below the Setup.
Also Read: 192.168.1.254 Admin Login Password
After clicking on the Wireless Settings three sections will appear on the web page. The first section will consist of SSID (SERVICE SET IDENTIFIER) which can be used to change the name of your wireless network.
- In the second section, you can select different methods through which you can secure your network. The last but not the least is the section for changing the Netgear Router Password.
- Please remember to apply the changes before leaving the page or else the changed network name and password will not be saved.
More About The Netgear Router Password and Usernames:
- Netgear is ideal for both personal and professional use.
- It is equipped with highly sensitive antennas that catch WIFI signals with ease. Also, they have a powerful transmission power which keeps you and your associates well-connected.
- Buy a Netgear router if you want to escape from paying the monthly rent charged by your internet service provider. For that, you need to buy a cable modem and a wireless router of Netgear and you can continue using the internet services forever!
- It permits developers to modify and strengthen the security of their network by implementing data integrity and security programs.
- A user can choose his/her preferred language during installation. Also, it is one of the most inexpensive routers in the market.
- A user can block the websites which are not secure or not suitable for their kids.
- It can connect to both the modem and other routers seamlessly. A huge chain of interconnected networks can be created using multiple routers of Netgear.