In order to connect any device to the internet, you need an IP address. Among that 192.168.1.1 is one of the most common IP addresses we usually use for any routers as a default gateway. In any offices, colleges or in any manufacturer industries, we use this IP address for setting up the network of any wireless router.
But it is not necessary to keep 192.168.1.1 as a default IP address; you can change the IP address according to your favorite settings. You can also use 192.168.0.1 for some other router as your default gateway. But if your network is connected properly and if you don’t have any problem then you don’t have to change.
How to Fix if you Can’t Access with Router IP Address?
Sometimes you might face some problem with your internet connection, and there may be various reasons for that such as:-
- The IP address of your system may not be properly configured.
- Sometimes, even after configuring proper IP address, you may face this type of problem due to improper router’s default setting.
- Sometimes this problem may occur due to some improper proxy setup.
- It may be also due to improper connection of a modem with your router.
So if you are facing such kind of problem like you are unable to access any sites then follow these instructions carefully which I am going to mention down below:
- First of all, you need to click on START button of your Windows PC.
- After that type “RUN” on the search box then followed by “CMD” command.
- Now type “ping 192.168.1.1” on your Windows PC and wait for few minutes to get the result.
- Now if you can open your browser and access any websites then your network is connected properly, but it still shows the message “request time out” that means your wireless router is not plugged in properly yet.
How to Reset your Wireless Router?
For each and every router you will get the username and password right at the back of the router and if you forget your password by mistakenly then you have to reset your router. So now I am going to provide you some guidelines in order to reset your wireless router.
- First of all, you have to turn around your wireless router and hold down the reset button for a while. In order to do that, you may need some pointy objects like a pen or screwdrivers.
- Now, release the reset button and then unplugged your wireless router for a few seconds.
- After that plug in your wireless router again and wait for a while unless your wireless router gets a boot up again. You have to wait for maximum for 1 minute.
- Now you can connect your computer system to your router through a network cable or by using Wi-Fi connection.
- Connect your wireless router through http://192.168.1.1/ and type your default password of the admin.
- Now you will be able to change your default password and keep your strong password. This time make sure that you note down your new password or else store it in a free password manager.
- That’s it; your default password is finally changed, and you can save your new password of your router.
How to Login to 192.168.1.1 IP Address?
If you change the default settings of your router, you need to type http://192.168.1.1/ in your browser address bar simply. After that you have to enter your username and password, or else you can enter your default username “admin” and your default password” admin.” Now you will be able to access your router and log in your system successfully.
Now finally I would like to suggest you that if you are facing any kind of problem regarding 192.168.1.1 IP address for changing your default username or password for your router, then you can follow the above steps which I have mentioned earlier.
This IP address is very important for every system to connect to the internet via the route, so, therefore, you must know about 192.168.1.1 IP address very clearly for setting up your router. I hope you will get some help with my article and if want to share your feelings then you can freely give your comment.